Setting up Kraken to connect to your Looker environment requires the generation of an API key prior to creating a Data Provider in Kraken. Kraken will also require the password for the user that has write access to the Scratch Database you have set up in your Looker connection settings.
Once connected, Looker will list table visualizations from your Personal Space in Looker. Kraken automatically filters out any Looks that are not using the same connection that you set up in the Data Provider. If you have multiple connections set up in Looker, a separate Data Provider will need to be created in Kraken for each Scratch Database you have set up in Looker.
Kraken Currently supports the following Scratch Databases for write back
Generating a Looker API key
- Log in to your Looker instance
- Click on the Admin tab
- Click on Users
- Click on Edit for the user that needs the key
- Click on Edit Keys
- A new window will pop up with a New API 3 Key button
Adding a new Looker Data Provider in Kraken
Connecting to the Looker API
- Log in to Kraken
- Click on the Menu in the top right corner
- Select Manage Data
- Click on the Looker Data Provider Card
- Enter the following information on the Data Provider Card
- Port: Default port for Looker instances is 19999 but can be changed in your Looker configuration. Check with your Looker Admin if you do not know the port your Looker instance is using.
- Domain: The domain of your Looker instance. For example: If your Looker instance URL is https://mycompany.looker.com, your domain would be mycompany
- Client ID: This can be generated on the Users page in the Admin section of your Looker instance.
- Client Secret: This can be generated on the Users page in the Admin section of your Looker instance.
Connecting your Looker Scratch Database so Kraken can push prediction data back
- Database Password: This is the password that can be used to connect to the database that Looker is using to create Persistent Derived Tables.
- Click Connect