Adding a new Amazon S3 data provider in Kraken
- Click on the "hamburger menu" icon in the top left corner of Kraken
- Click on "Manage Data"
- Click on the Amazon S3 data provider card and fill in the details:
- Access Key ID: Access Key that was generated when the S3 bucket was first set up. For more information on Creating, Modifying, and Viewing Access Keys from the AWS Console follow the steps in the previous section or refer to the additional documentation link below
- Secret Access Key: Secret Access Key that was generated when the S3 bucket was first set up. For more information on Creating, Modifying, and Viewing Access Keys from the AWS Console refer to the previous section or see additional documentation links below
- Bucket: Name of your S3 bucket. The bucket name is case sensitive.
- Prefix: Path to your data if you have sub-folders in your S3 bucket. Prefix should always end with a forward slash (/). For example: If you have an S3 bucket called 'my-bucket' and had a sub-folder called 'sub-folder', the Bucket value is 'my-bucket' and the Prefix value is 'sub-folder/'.
To allow Kraken to access the top level of the bucket and any folders within it, enter a forward slash or simply leave the field blank.
- Region: The Amazon region where your bucket is located. For example: us-east-1
- Click the CONNECT button to create the connection. Kraken will scan the bucket and add all available data files as datasets which can be used to train models and create predictions.
Generating an S3 Access Key and Secret Access Key
Configuring Kraken to connect to your Amazon S3 environment requires the generation of an Access Key and Secret Access Key prior to creating a Data Provider in Kraken. Generating the keys requires specific permissions in AWS. If you do not have the appropriate permissions, contact your AWS administrator to complete the following steps:
- Log in to your AWS console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/
- Under the Services tab, search for IAM
- Click on Users
- Locate and click on your username
- Click on the Security Credentials tab
- Click the Create Access Key button
- A box will pop up with your new credentials. Click on "Download .csv file" and save this file in a secure location. NOTE: If you do not save this file, the Secret access key can not be viewed again once this box is closed. You will need to generate a new Access key if you no longer have the Secret access key.