This is a general maintenance release of Kraken, so these notes are going to be a quick read for you. 🙂
Updates in this release
- Kraken now displays all data connectors, even if they are not included in the user's plan type. For data connectors that the user is not currently permitted to use (indicated by a lock icon), clicking the connector icon provides the user with the ability to request access via a connector request form.
- Connectors are now sorted alphabetically in two groups: first by the connectors to which the user has access, then by the connectors to which the user currently does not have access.
- All users who sign up for a Kraken trial are now given immediate access to Kraken, with the restriction of loading only CSV files up to 50MB in size. Once the trial account is verified by Big Squid personnel, the CSV-only data restriction is automatically lifted.
- User access control management has been updated; when an unauthorized user attempts to log in to Kraken, an "Access Denied" message is displayed. Previously, the user was presented with an infinitely-spinning wheel.
- We've also implemented several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Reminder: If Kraken is misbehaving, check KIKI first.
Registered Kraken users have access to KIKI, a.k.a. "Kraken Important Known Issues". If you're experiencing an issue with Kraken, KIKI is your first stop to determine if we're aware of the issue. Where possible, we provide suggested workarounds while we work to eliminate issues. KIKI will be updated as we eliminate issues through Kraken product updates, as well as when new issues are identified.
Reminder: SONAR© Guide content is just a click away!
As a Kraken user, you have access to SONAR© Guide, the proven training methodology from Big Squid and your key to learning everything you need to know to use Kraken effectively and become a citizen data scientist hero in the process. A link to the SONAR© Guide content library is accessible whenever you access Kraken help screens; just look for the SONAR© Guide logo on the right-hand side. It's also available in the SONAR© Guide section of support.bigsquid.com.